Non-Degree Seeking Students
Any individual who wishes to take graduate courses and is not a student in an academic degree program of study at the University of Mississippi Medical Center may apply for course credit as a Non-Degree Seeking Student (NDSS) in the John D. Bower School of Population Health (SOPH). The SOPH allows students to enroll in courses during the summer, fall, and spring semesters. Successful completion of courses taken does not in itself qualify the individual for subsequent admission to a graduate program. The SOPH limits the number of credit hours that may be accepted toward SOPH degree requirements.
NDSS APPLICATION DEADLINE: To be considered for NDSS admission, all documents must be submitted no less than ten (10) business days prior to the start of the semester.
NDSS ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to identify the appropriate semester for which the intended course(s) is offered.
- Applicants must secure permission (signatures) to enroll in a course from the course director using the NDSS Enrollment Request Form located on the SOPH website.
- Applicants must submit an official transcript to the Office of Enrollment Management from the school granting their most recent degree.
NDSS APPLICATION PROCESS:
- The applicant must submit the completed and signed NDSS Enrollment Request Form to the SOPH Office of the Dean for approval. Note: course(s) are not approved until authorized by the SOPH Dean or designee.
- The Office of Enrollment Management will email the applicant a link to the online application. The applicant must complete the online application.
- Once complete, the Office of Enrollment Management will process the application, notify the applicant via email when they have been admitted and are ready to be registered for the course, and provide instructions for registering for the course.
APPLICATION FEE: A non-refundable fee of $25 must accompany the initial application.
TUITION AND REQUIRED FEES: Tuition and fees for the academic year may be found on the UMMC Office of Academic Affairs website.
Please direct questions about the NDSS process to the SOPH Office of the Dean (firstname.lastname@example.org).