The University of Mississippi School of Dentistry will continue to accept online science courses with letter grades for traditional students when there is not an option for in-person learning due to COVID-19. We encourage science courses with labs to be taken in person. Special consideration will be given to non-traditional students on a case-by-case basis. If you have any questions about requirements, call the School of Dentistry at (601)984-6060 for guidance.
The University of Mississippi Medical Center and its School of Dentistry (SOD) welcome applications from those interested in a career as a dentist.
The authority to select applicants for admission to the SOD is vested in the Admissions Committee and the Dean of the SOD. This committee is appointed by the Dean of the SOD and includes both clinical and basic science faculty, as well as representatives of the dental private practice. For further details, see Applicant Evaluation and Decisions.
More information about becoming a dentist can be found at the American Dental Association (ADA) website in Education/Careers and at the American Dental Education Association (ADEA) website in Information for Prospective Students.
Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS)
The UMMC School of Dentistry is now a participant of the ADEA Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS). Applicants can apply at https://aadsas.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login.
If you have questions, contact ADEA AADSAS customer service.
It is not necessary that an applicant complete the entire application at once. The applicant may save the application and work on it over a period of time. Once it is submitted however, only minor changes can be made online. Check with AADSAS to determine what information can be edited after submission of the application. Upon verification of an applicant’s primary application, the applicant will be provided with a link to complete the UMMC School of Dentistry’s supplemental application. The supplemental application fee is $50.
Application timetable (no exceptions to deadlines)
- Earliest date of application: June 1
- AADSAS deadline: Oct. 2 (Application, all documentation, official transcripts, and fees required by AADSAS must be received by AADSAS)
- UMMC School of Dentistry deadline: Nov. 2 (All application materials, including secondary application, fees, official transcripts, DAT scores, and letters of recommendation must be received by UMMC)
- Earliest date of acceptance notification: Dec. 1
It is the applicant's responsibility to read, understand, and follow all ADEA AADSAS and school-specific instructions.
- Counseling appointments: Pre- and post-application counseling is available through the Office of Admissions in the SOD by appointment only.
- Specific questions: Email DMDadmit@umc.edu
- Application status updates: Visit the ADEA AADSAS website to log in to your account.
- Letters of recommendation: Must be submitted directly through the AADSAS website. For more information on the types of letters required, see Letters of Recommendation.
- Transcripts: Official admissions records (such as transcripts) are handled and filed in the Office of Enrollment Management, and become the property of the SOD. They cannot be returned to the applicant or forwarded to another school or individual. Correspondence regarding official records should be addressed to:
- Office of Enrollment Management
University of Mississippi Medical Center
2500 N. State St.
Jackson, MS 39216-4505
Phone: (601) 984-1080
- All other correspondence: Send to:
- University of Mississippi School of Dentistry
Office of Admissions
2500 N. State St., #D503
Jackson, MS 39216
Phone: (601) 984-6009
Fax: (601) 815-3903
Do not send any materials directly to the School of Dentistry unless specifically requested to do so.