- Post-Award Closure is the clinical trial close-out process required by the UMMC Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, Post-Award Division, to ensure that all financial and cost standards have been met with institutional guidelines, sponsor guidelines, and federal regulations.
- Within 90 days of study completion, notify Post-Award of study closure (firstname.lastname@example.org). Closeout process must be completed within the next 180 days.
- The Post-Award closure checklist must be completed, which certifies the following:
- IRB final report submitted
- Participants have been entered into Epic
- Close-out documentation received from the sponsor
- Study invoices submitted and payments received
- Study participants received payments
- Hospital-related charges paid
- Start-up fees paid to the support service offices
- All study related expenses charged to the study activity
- Plan for utilization of residual funds submitted
- Failure to comply with the closeout process may result in loss of access to residual funds.