Welcome to GWIMS
The mission of the University of Mississippi Medical Center's Group on Women in Medicine and Science (GWIMS) is to advance the full and successful participation and inclusion of women faculty and learners within academic medicine. The local UMMC chapter will focus on the four GWIMS goals of gender equity, recruitment and retention, awards and recognition, and career advancement.
UMMC’s GWIMS chapter received the 2019 Association of American Medical Colleges GWIMS Leadership Award for an Organization (Emerging Leader). The AAMC announced that, "Since the first award in 1995, this prestigious award has recognized 24 individuals and 19 women in medicine programs. Your organization clearly has distinguished itself with its emerging commitment to advocating for the professional advancement of women in medicine and science, and helping women in medicine and science realize their potential."
The chapter was recognized at the AAMC annual meeting Nov. 9, 2019 in Phoenix, AZ.
Congratulations to UMMC's GWIMS former board president Kimberly Bibb, MD for being selected to serve as a Member at-Large on the Association of American Medical College's GWIMS steering committee.
Executive board membership nominations
Connect - Share - AdvanceFull Calendar of GWIMS Events (2022-2023)
- Tuesday, Aug. 9, 2022 (12 - 1pm) (Connect - Share - Advance)
- Tuesday, Oct. 11, 2022 (12 - 1pm) (Connect - Share - Advance)
- Thursday, Oct. 27, 2022 (12 - 1pm) (Seminar Series)
- Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2022 (12 - 1pm) (Connect - Share - Advance)
- Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2023 (12 - 1pm) (Connect - Share - Advance)
- Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2023 (12 - 1pm) (Seminar Series)
Resources and useful links
GWIMS board members