Children’s of Mississippi Patient and Family Advisory Council (COM PFAC)
Help improve the patient experience
The Children’s of Mississippi Patient and Family Advisory Council (COM PFAC) includes parents and other caretakers of children who are recent patients at Children’s of Mississippi. This includes our hospital in Jackson and our pediatric clinics throughout the state.
Through their feedback, COM PFAC members provide insight to the needs of pediatric patients and their families. They shape decisions that impact quality care, safety, and the total patient experience. COM PFAC members collaborate with health care providers, staff, and hospital administrators.
How COM PFAC works
COM PFAC members meet to address a range of patient care concerns. They see the “big picture” beyond their personal experiences. At the same time, they share their personal stories in meaningful ways. They are able to speak honestly and comfortably in a group setting, while also listening to and respecting the perspectives of others.
Joining COM PFAC
To join COM PFAC, a member must:
- Complete the COM PFAC application form
- Be a family member or caretaker for a child who has been a Children’s of Mississippi patient
- Be recommended by a Children’s of Mississippi health care provider or current COM PFAC member
- Complete the interview process
Once accepted, all members will be asked to:
- Complete mandatory Volunteer Services training and health requirements*
- Attend monthly meetings
- Contribute time outside meetings for occasional projects, focus groups, and committee work
*Includes annual flu shot (health permitting) and TB skin test. UMMC will provide these services free of charge for COM PFAC members.
Find out more
For more details about COM PFAC, please send an email to ChildrensPFAC@umc.edu.