2018 Pillars Honorees
- Brent Necaise, School of Medicine, Class of 2018
- Honorable mention - Edgar R. Meyer, MAT; Denise Powell
The Excellence Award honors a student, resident, or fellow from any school of UMMC who demonstrates an outstanding commitment to the institution’s goals to promote diversity and inclusion within the institution and through service to the commUNITY.
- Dr. Gaarmel Funches, Director, Office of Health Careers Opportunity
- Honorable mention - Leslye Bastos Ortega; Debra Wilson
The Inclusion Award recognizes a full-time or part-time executive/administrative, professional, secretarial and clerical, service and maintenance, skilled crafts, or technical & paraprofessionals staff member that does not hold a faculty position who has shown outstanding leadership in expanding diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Norma Ojeda, MD, Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics
- Honorable mention - Robin W. Rockhold, PhD, FAPE; Marilyn Harrington, PhD, RN, AGNP-C
The Beacon Award honors any clinical or non-clinical faculty member with an academic designation or rank who demonstrates inclusive excellence in teaching, instruction, research, or clinical practice at UMMC.
Lifetime Achievement Award
- Barbara Craft, MD, Associate Professor, Department of Hematology/Oncology
The Lifetime Achievement Award acknowledges an alumni who has made a significant contribution to improving health outcomes in diverse communities in the state of Mississippi.
Community Inspiration Award
- Stewpot Community Services
The Community Inspiration Award recognizes a community member or an organization that helps advance diverse and/or underrepresented communities through servant leadership in the areas of fairness and inclusion.