Doctor of Audiology
Admission Criteria and Requirements
Admission into the Doctor of Audiology program is based on the School of Graduate Studies in Health Sciences criteria:
- Baccalaureate degree in a relevant scientific discipline
- GPA (3.0 or better)
- Three letters of recommendation
- A personal statement
- A GRE score >300 on the combined verbal and quantitative scores is preferred. MCAT score > 495 may be used in lieu of GRE.
- Students whose combined verbal and quantitative scores are > 300 may be granted full admission to the School of Graduate Studies. Students whose combined verbal and quantitative scores are < 300 will be considered for conditional admission based on the recommendation of the program director. To be removed from conditional status the student must, within the first semester of admission, attain a GPA of >3.0, or retake the GRE and score >300. Conditional students who fail to meet the criteria listed above will be dismissed from the program.
- Students for whom English is not their first language are required to complete a screening test of English, e.g. TOEFL.
- Technical Standards of observation, intellectual/conceptual abilities, motor skills, communication, and behavioral and social attributes.
Conditional admission may be offered to applicants whom fail to meet the minimum criteria for admission into the program. Students who are accepted with a conditional status must meet the expectations on which the admission was based. Specific expectations are clearly outlined in the letter of acceptance at the time of offer. If the student fails to meet the expectations on which his/her admission was based, the student may be dismissed from the program.