Centers and institutes at UMMC are units designed to facilitate the contributions of groups to the core missions of education, research and healthcare. There are four designations - institute, center, clinical center, and external designation center.
Centers are programs that have predominant education and/or research functions or are equally involved in all three missions of healthcare, education, and research.
Each of UMMC's many centers and institutes is dedicated to creating a healthier Mississippi.
Our centers are listed below:
• Basic and Advanced Resuscitation Training Center
• Cardiovascular-Renal Research Center
• Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities
• Center for Children with Medical Complexity
• Center for Comparative Research
• Center for Innovation and Discovery in Addictions
• Center for Informatics and Analytics
• Center for HIV/AIDS Research, Education and Policy
• Center for Integrative Health
• Center for the Advancement of Youth
• Center for Tobacco Treatment, Education and Research (ACT)
• Children's of Mississippi Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders
• MIND Center
• Mississippi Center for Heart Research
• Mississippi Center for Obesity Research
• Mississippi Clinical Research and Trials Center
• Simulation and Interprofessional Education Center
• UMMC Biobank
• UMMC Center for Telehealth
• Women's Health Research Center
Visit our institutes, clinical centers, and external designation centers.