Host a Fundraiser or Special Event
A philanthropic partnership with the University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC) or Children's of Mississippi provides businesses and individuals in the community an opportunity to demonstrate a commitment to Mississippi's children and adults who need care.
Fundraising project and event proposal information
If you are interested in planning a fundraising project or a special event for UMMC or Children's of Mississippi, review the guidelines listed below. After you have read all of the guidelines, fill out the Fundraising Project and Event Proposal form online.
- No announcement or publicity of any proposed event may be made until approval has been granted.
- Fundraising projects and events are approved if they represent the hospital appropriately and uphold our mission and image.
- The completed proposal form must be submitted at least 30 days in advance of any event for timely consideration. Forms are reviewed on a weekly basis. You can expect an answer within 2 weeks.
- The hospital logo and name may be used only after approval has been granted. All printed materials and other publicity to be published or broadcast with the logo or name must be submitted for review prior to printing and distribution.
- In naming the event, UMMC or Children's of Mississippi should be used as the beneficiary. For example: (Event name) benefiting Children's of Mississippi. If there will be co-beneficiaries, note on the proposal form.
- We can provide your organization with hospital logos, patient stories, informational materials, and/or fact sheets.
- All necessary permits and certificates of insurance required by city ordinance or otherwise are the responsibility of your group.
We cannot do the following:
- sell tickets
- provide volunteers for your event or project
- advance monies
- solicit sponsorship revenue on behalf of your group
- provide celebrity endorsements or appearances
- obtain liquor licenses for your event or project
By submitting the form (see below) and obtaining approval from UMMC or Children's of Mississippi, you acknowledge and agree that all net proceeds shall be submitted to UMMC or Children's of Mississippi within 45 days. Funds should be made payable to and mailed to:
- University of Mississippi Medical Center
Office of Development
Attn: Community Fundraising
2500 N. State Street
Jackson, MS 39216
If you still have questions about special events, fundraising or making monetary donations to UMMC or Children's of Mississippi, contact Development at (601) 984-1109.