Thank you for participating in Biobank Mississippi. If you move or change addresses, let us know your new contact information so that we can stay in touch with you.
Call us at (601) 815-3174 or email us at email@example.com.
To be eligible to participate, you must be:
- At least 18 years old
- A current or former patient at UMMC
- Able to give informed consent
- Living in the United States
Participants are expected to:
- Fill out a questionnaire about their health, lifestyle and family history
- Give a sample of blood for long-term storage and analysis, which may include genetic analysis
- Allow biobank staff to review past, present and future UMMC medical records
Participants receive a gift card as a token of thanks.
Participants do not need to pay for tests and procedures done just for the Biobank.
None of the samples you give to Biobank Mississippi includes personal information, such as your name, address, birth date, medical record number or Social Security number.
If something is identified in your sample, a federal law, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act, makes it illegal for employers and health insurers to use certain kinds of information about your genes to discriminate against you.
In the future, participants may be:
- Occasionally asked to fill out additional questionnaires
- Occasionally asked to give additional blood samples.
- Asked if they are interested in learning certain research results.
- Asked to participate in other studies.
You will receive no more than two requests a year for additional information and samples or to participate in additional studies.
As enrollment in the Biobank Mississippi expands and researchers continue to use samples and information from this biobank for research studies, we will communicate updates to all participants in several ways:
- Updates on studies using Biobank Mississippi are available.
- If direct contact with a participant is needed for any reason, the participant may receive a letter by mail or a phone call from Biobank Mississippi staff.
- For more information or to update your contact information,contact the Biobank Mississippi staff.
The Biobank Mississippi is a resource meant to serve the research community for years. By participating, you are agreeing to be a part of ongoing health research. Your blood sample donation enables researchers to examine the roots of disease for many years to come.
You have the right to leave the Biobank Mississippi project at any time. If you would like to withdraw, you can reach us by phone at (601) 815-3174 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.