New Employee First Day Information
Welcome to the University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC) Team! The UMMC Human Resources (HR) Team is excited to join your hiring manager in guiding you through your first day as a new employee. Below is information for new employees to assist with navigating first-day activities. If you have any questions or if we can be of assistance to you at all, please reach out to us in the HR Service Center. UMMC is a large and diverse institution and your first-day expectations and tasks will vary by your work area. Please stay in close contact with your hiring manager for instructions and guidance.
Step 1: Staff In-Processing
Your first stop on your hire date: visit the HR Service Center (same place as fingerprinting) to pick up your UMMC ID Badge and instructions for orientation.
You may temporarily park your vehicle in the HR Service Center parking while you pick up your badge. If the parking outside the HR Service Center is full, click the link above for directions to overflow parking in Lot 21.
Immediately after in-processing, you must relocate your vehicle from the HR Service Center to your designated parking location.
Step 2: Parking
New Employees at the Jackson, MS Main Campus location park in the free “Veteran’s Memorial Stadium Parking” just across the street from the UMMC main campus, unless instructed otherwise. Free and convenient shuttle service is available to and from the stadium parking lots to assist you with reaching your destination. On-campus parking is only available by prior authorization. Parking tickets are issued by UMMC campus police for parking in unauthorized areas.
For accessibility information, visit the shuttle website.
Step 3: Online New Employee Orientation
After parking your vehicle, meet with your manager at the designated location. Your manager will review instructions for your first day and provide a workstation to begin your online New Employee Orientation tasks.
New employees can access their orientation assignments in HealthStream. New hires should complete the online New Employee Orientation HealthStream assignments on their first day of work.
- Stay in close contact with your hiring manager for day one instructions and guidance.
- On your first day/hire date, stop by the HR Service Center to check-in, receive your UMMC ID Badge, and be provided instructions for system login and online orientation training.
- You may temporarily park your vehicle in the HR Service Center parking while you pick up your badge, but you must relocate your vehicle to the designated location immediately afterward.
- Connect with your manager to discuss what time and at what location they would like for you to report for online orientation.
- New employees must complete the online New Employee Orientation assignments on their first day of work.