Volunteer Onboarding Requirements
UMMC volunteers are carefully screened, processed, and placed in appropriate assignments. This process includes fingerprint/background check, a 2-step TB (tuberculosis) skin test, a flu shot, and Volunteer Orientation.
Requirements for Volunteering:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Submit an online application.
- Complete a 2-step TB skin test. A 2-step TB skin test takes at least 10 days and 4 separate trips to UMMC.
- Receive flu shot for current season or provide documentation that you received it elsewhere.
- All UMMC volunteers must be COVID-19 vaccinated.
- Attend Volunteer Orientation.
- TB skin test risk assessment completed by UMMC Student Employee Health.
- Yearly flu shot received.
- Annual Education read and signed online.
For more information, contact Volunteer Services at email@example.com or (601) 984-2068.