If accepted into the University of Mississippi Medical Center Volunteer Program, I agree to the following:
- Hold as absolutely confidential all information that I may obtain directly or indirectly concerning patients and staff and not seek to obtain confidential information from a patient. Under NO circumstances can pictures/videos be made of patients and NO posting of patient information on social media.
- Become familiar with and follow the hospital’s policies and procedures.
- Patient safety and quality are UMMC’s top priority and as a volunteer, I understand that I can play an integral part by providing suggestions or ideas to improve Patient Safety or Quality of Care to my volunteer coordinator and/or to the Director of Volunteer Services.
- Commit to volunteer for one 3 hour shift per week for at least 3 months.
- Donate my services to the hospital with no expectation of compensation or future employment.
- Be punctual and dependable, conducting myself with dignity, courtesy and consideration of others.
- Wear the volunteer uniform and nametag and maintain a well-groomed appearance while on duty.
- Carry out assignments and take any problems, criticism or suggestions to the volunteer program coordinator or the Director of Volunteer Services.
- Agree not to leave my assigned area without permission from my on-site supervisor or enter restricted rooms or areas of the hospital where I am not assigned.
- Work only when and where scheduled. If a change in my schedule is needed or desired, I will notify the volunteer coordinator or the Director of Volunteer Services.
- Follow the department’s time card procedures and dress code.
- Notify the Volunteer Services office (984-2068), IN ADVANCE, if unable to come to work as scheduled.
I understand that the Volunteer Services Department reserves the right to terminate my volunteer status as a result of:
- failure to comply with organizational policies, rules and regulations;
- absences without prior notification;
- excess absences;
- unsatisfactory attitude, work or appearance; or
- any other circumstances which in the judgment of the department director or program coordinator would make my continued service as a volunteer contrary to the best interest of the hospital.
I have read each of the above conditions and I agree to abide by them.