Top scientists and physicians at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, the University of Mississippi,Mississippi State University, University of Southern Mississippi and the Mississippi State Department of Health are working together at the Cancer Center and Research Institute to seek new ways to prevent, detect or halt cancer.
The researchers and physicians are:
- Looking for new agents to combat cancer.
- Looking for new ways to deliver therapy.
- Looking for new targets on cancer cells.
- Searching for better ways to prevent and screen for cancer.
- Searching for better ways to reach Mississippi's medically-underserved population.
- Getting the research to the clinics in a methodical, but timely manner.
- Providing accurate statistics on cancer to more effectively monitor the disease.
The research links discoveries about new cancer-fighting agents to discoveries of new targets on cancer cells, along with UMMC’s ability to work toward bringing successful products to clinical trial.
Our research is supported by six core facilities: