Faculty practice at the University of Mississippi School of Nursing includes all aspects of reimbursed health-care services.
The purpose of faculty practice is to accomplish the following:
- Improve the health care services throughout the state through evidence-based practice.
- Create a mutually beneficial environment for interdisciplinary learning and practice for future members of the health care team.
- Create an environment to enhance health care through research endeavors.
- Provide interprofessional educational experiences for all University of Mississippi Medical Center students in faculty practice settings.
To accomplish these goals, faculty members developed and implemented the following nurse-managed clinics:
- Delta School-based Clinics
- South Delta High School Clinic - March 2015 to present
- South Delta Middle School Clinic - Feb. 2011 to present
- South Delta Elementary School Clinic - Nov. 2011 to present
- Ripley-Blackwell Head Start Center School Clinic - Aug. 2011 to present
- Mercy Delta Express - 2000 to present
- Jackson School-based Clinics
- Galloway Elementary School Clinic - Aug. 2018 to present
- Johnson Elementary School Clinic - Aug. 1999 to present
- Lanier Teen Wellness Clinic - 2015 to present
- Brown Elementary School Clinic - 2008 to 2018
- UNACARE Family Health Clinic - June 1998 to January 2020