PhD in Nursing Research Options
Research focal areas
- Understanding mechanisms to promote and restore health through the:
- Promotion of healthy lifestyle choices;
- Reduction of disease risks;
- Design of systems to deliver effective health care;
- Guidance of health policy to improve human health.
- Understanding biological bases of disease through the exploration of methods to prevent and treat disease.
The PhD in Nursing program offers opportunities for investigations in the areas of health disparities, chronic disease and vulnerable populations. Special emphasis in the promotion and restoration of health include obesity, hypertension and heart disease, HIV/AIDS, cancer, and health policy.
To learn more about the School of Nursing research program, visit the SON Faculty Research and Scholarship web page.