American Medical Association/Mississippi State Medical Association (AMA/MSMA)
Purpose: To provide medical students at the University of Mississippi School of Medicine opportunity for participation in the activities of the Mississippi State Medical Association and American Medical Association through adherence to the following principles:
- to introduce to medical students the opportunities and advantages present in organized medicine at local and national levels
- to involve medical students in addressing the problems of public health, medical education, and health care delivery and to provide a forum for the discussion and dissemination of relevant information.
- Vice President:
- Community Outreach Chair:
Advisor: Dr. Sharon Douglas
American Association of Medical Colleges' Organization of Student Representatives (OSR)
Purpose: OSR provides medical students with a voice in academic medicine and medical education at the national level while also fostering student involvement at the local level. OSR representatives are afforded a seat at the table with leaders such as deans, program directors, hospital CEOs, and other academic medicine stakeholders to learn about the intricacies of medical education at the highest level. This provides an invaluable educational opportunity and allows representatives the opportunity to voice local student concerns directly to the AAMC.
- M4 Representatives:
- M3 Representative: Simmy Vig
- M2 Representative: Shiv Patel
- Dr. Lyssa Weatherly
- Dr. Michael McMullan
Student National Medical Association (SNMA)
Purpose: The Student National Medical Association (SNMA) is committed to supporting current and future underrepresented minority medical students, addressing the needs of underserved communities, and increasing the number of clinically excellent, culturally competent, and socially conscious physicians.
- President: Hannah Glenn
- Vice President: Keauna Hilton
- Secretary: Akeelin J. Forrest (AJ)
- Treasurer: Ariel Wilson
- Historian: Jacobi Holt
- Fundraising Chair: Kierra Jones
- Community Service Chair: Kenyatta Poe
Advisor: Dr. Dan Coleman
Student Physicians for Social Responsibility (SPSR)
Purpose: Focuses on community health, the environmental and the social physician commitment.
- Vice President:
- Speaker Liaison:
Advisor: Dr. Alan Penman