Continuing Education Information
Health care professionals in the following disciplines may have the opportunity to earn up to 17 Continuing Education (CE) Hours.
17.0 Social Work CE (2.0 Cultural Diversity, 1.0 Ethics, 14.0 General)
17.0 Total hours; 2.0 Pharmacology, 1.5 Controlled Substance
Marriage and Family Therapists
17.0 General Hours
Nursing Home Administrators
17.0 Hours (MSBNHA)
17.0 Continuing Competence (CC) credit
Speech Language Pathologists/ Audiologists
17. 0 hours
Mental Health Disciplines Credit: Mississippi Department Of Mental Health
Certificate Of Attendance
Continuing Education Process
- Attendee completes electronic registration on UMMC Conference site prior to or day of conference.
- Attendee must register upon arrival at the conference and check-in each day at the CE Registration desk and/or on the Conference Attendee Hub mobile app.
- Attendee completes session evaluations online through the Attendee Hub mobile app or computer. Links to the session evaluations will be available at the end of each session through a QR code included in Conference materials and will not be live until the conclusion of each session.
- Attendees will have access to session evaluations for 2 weeks after the conclusion of the event, or until midnight on November 11, 2022. Upon conclusion of this timeframe, the Conference chairperson or designee will review files for accuracy and completeness.
Session evaluations must be completed in order to receive CE credit. Technical assistance will be made available upon request to Conference Participants on-site by contacting a registration team member as well as post-event by contacting The MIND Center at email@example.com or 601.815.4237.
CE Certificates: Conference planners will obtain reports to verify completion of Continuing Education Evaluations and will verify the number of hours the participant attended. CE Certificates will be issued by e-mail from Conference Planners containing the language required by respective CE providers. CE Certificates will be issued electronically within 2-4 weeks following closure of the online continuing education evaluation form.
* Participants seeking nursing credits will be directed to a separate website hosted by the Mississippi Nurses’ Association (MNA) to register and complete the session evaluations. Course evaluation forms from MNA and Conference Planners are identical. Reports will be reviewed among the conference planning team during post-event debrief. Results from evaluation summaries will inform planning for future educational events.
This activity has been approved for a total of 17.0 Social Work CE (2.0 Cultural Diversity, 1.0 Ethics, 14.0 General) by the University of Mississippi Medical Center, The MIND Center DP#SWB220001, approval # 22-04.
Mississippi Nurses’ Association – The Mississippi Nurses’ Association is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. This event is approved for up to 17.0 hours CE with 2.0 Pharmacology and 1.5 Controlled Substance hours. (Concurrent session 8a/b - 0.5 pharmacology; Concurrent session 10a/b - 1.5 Pharmacology/Controlled Substance)
Participants seeking nursing credits will be directed to a separate website hosted by the Mississippi Nurses’ Association (MNA) to register and complete the session evaluations. Course evaluation forms from MNA and Conference Planners are identical. Reports will be reviewed among the conference planning team during post-event debrief. Results from evaluation summaries will inform planning for future educational eventsMARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPISTS
The University of Mississippi, The MIND Center is an Approved Provider for Marriage and Family Therapist continuing education, Approved Provider Number TCE0023. This conference has been approved for up to 17 general continuing education hours for marriage and family therapists, approval # MS22-107.
NURSING HOME ADMINISTRATORS
This activity has been approved for up to 17.0 continuing education hours by the Mississippi State Board of Nursing Home Administrators, approval #2313.
Planning forms have been submitted with the National Certification Council for Activity Professionals.
This program is approved for up to 17.0 clinical hours for Occupational Therapy and Occupational Therapy Assistants by the Bureau of Professional Licensure of the Mississippi State Department of Health.
This program has been approved for up to 17 clinical continuing competence (CC) credit by the Mississippi State Board of Physical Therapy.
Planning forms have been submitted with the American Therapeutic Recreation Association (ATRA).
SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGISTS/ AUDIOLOGISTS
This program is approved by the Bureau of Professional Licensure of the Mississippi State Department of Health for up to 17.0 clinical hours.
MENTAL HEALTH DISCIPLINES CREDIT: MISSISSIPPI DEPARTMENT OF MENTAL HEALTH
Region 8 Mental Health Services may provide DMH-approved CEs to anyone who is certified or licensed through the Department of Mental Health, Division of PLACE. One CE hour is equivalent to 60 minutes spent face-to-face with a qualified instructor.
For additional information regarding continuing education for Mississippi Department of Mental Health disciplines contact:
Wm. Scott Sumrall, ScD, MHSA, MBA
Region 8 Mental Health Services
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE
A Certificate of Attendance may be provided to conference participants who are not seeking continuing education credits upon request. In order to receive a certificate of attendance, participants will be required to check-in daily at the Conference Registration Desk and/or the Conference Attendee Hub mobile app and complete session evaluations at the conclusion of each session.
For additional continuing education information contact:
Kathy Van Cleave, LMSW, LCMHT
Director of Education and Outreach
The MIND Center
University of Mississippi Medical Center
A list of speaker financial and non-financial disclosures can be found on the conference website: umc.edu/alzconf.