The UMMC difference
UMMC Ophthalmology provides ophthalmologic services and some of the most comprehensive eye care in the region. In fact, our physicians treat more eye trauma than anywhere else in the state.
Our subspecialty-trained ophthalmologists treat a wide range of problems, regardless of a patient’s age or severity of condition.
We also perform laser refractive surgery (LASIK) for nearsightedness and farsightedness and laser treatment for diabetic retinopathy. We have some of the most advanced diagnostic equipment and services in Mississippi, allowing us to provide better diagnosis, treatment regimens, and outcomes for our patients, including:
- Fluorescein angiography
- Indocyanine green angiography
- Ultra wide angle digital laser scanning photography and angiography
- Optical coherence tomography angiography
- Optical coherence tomography (OCT), including en face OCT
- Retinal topography
- Digital stereoscopic optic nerve photography
- A and B scan ultrasonography