Vascular Surgery Fellowship Program
The Department of Surgery's vascular surgery fellowship training program at the University of Mississippi is a two-year independent program. Comprised of a close-knit vascular surgical department, the vascular surgery fellowship training program provides exposure to the entire spectrum of clinical and academic components of modern vascular surgery:
- High-volume open vascular operative experience
- Complicated aortic pathology
- Complex endovascular diagnostics and therapeutics
- State-of-the-art non-invasive vascular laboratory with ultrasound-based therapeutics
- Clinical and basic science research
These opportunities are carried out in a multi-institutional educational environment, primarily at UMMC, the only tertiary care center in the state. Patient demographics of the state of Mississippi are the most complex and diverse in terms of vascular pathologies in the entire country. It is these pathology characteristics that make our vascular surgery program one of the most well-rounded training programs in the country.