Basic and Advanced Resuscitation Training Center
The Basic and Advanced Resuscitation Training Center (TC) provides high-quality American Heart Association (AHA) emergency cardiovascular care courses consistent with current AHA guidelines of science, curriculum, policies and procedures. Courses offered include basic and advanced adult and pediatric life support training for student populations and all health care workers.
Goals and Services
- Combine didactic instruction with active participation in hands-on simulated cases to enhance participants' learning.
- Deliver interprofessional training for medical students, nurses, and pharmacy and medicine residents in courses to facilitate the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance.
- Model effective communication as a member or leader of a high-performance team.
- Improve patient outcomes through structured training for rapid response team members.
- Offer all levels of courses to health care professionals in the local, regional and state areas of Mississippi.
- Provide training options for instructor-led classroom courses or content delivered in a web-based online format.
Community Training Policy
Training is available for community health care providers and first responders who are not employed at UMMC.
Classes and Registration
Current classes include:
- ACLS Course
- BLS-HCP Course
- Heartcode BLS Renewal
- Heartcode PALS Renewal
- Heartsaver CPR-AED
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR-AED
- PALS Course
Check class availability and register online here. (External site)
Contact the Training Center
The Training Center (TC) is a unit of the Office of Interprofessional Simulation, Training, Assessment, Research and Safety (ISTARS), located within the School of Medicine building at UMMC.
Enter the UMMC campus from Lakeland Drive at the traffic light at Peachtree Drive (directly across from The Meridian apartments). Take the first left onto North University Drive, then take the first right into the gated Parking Lot D. It is a pay-to-park lot. The School of Medicine is adjacent to Lot D, directly facing Lakeland Avenue, at the end of the traffic circle. See interactive campus map.
Please note: Visitors to UMMC's campus may park in Lot D. However, UMMC employees or individuals that share a car with a UMMC employee should park in Garage A. UMMC employees and students are prohibited from parking in Lot D. Any vehicle whose license is registered with the UMMC Parking Office, or which has a UMMC parking tag, will be ticketed and booted. A fee of $100 will be assessed before the boot will be removed.
When you enter the front door of the School of Medicine, the elevators are to your right. Go to the third floor, and turn left. You will see the Training Center sign over the main entrance.
In accordance with local and CDC/WHO recommendations:
- All participants should practice good hand hygiene
- Masks are required at all times while on the UMMC campus
If you are unable to attend class, please cancel or reschedule your registration by providing at least 24 hours of advance notice. Cancellations should be made by sending a cancellation notice to email@example.com. No-shows may be responsible for the entire cost of the course. If a problem arises on the day of the course, please notify the TC administrative office by telephone at 601-984-5591.
We reserve the right to cancel any training classes due to inclement weather where risk of injury due to travel may be involved. Dismissal will occur if a weather alert is issued during a class.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.