Pediatric COVID-19 Update: Multi-system Inflammatory Syndrome (MIS-C) and Cardiac Considerations
Visit the CE Central event page to enroll in the eLearning course “Mississippi Pediatric Pandemic Education Network ECHO: Special eLearning - Pediatric COVID-19 Update.” - External Site
Login to your CE Central account is required to enroll and access online materials. Learn how to create an account in CE Central. - PDF
- Describe cardiac manifestations of COVID-19 infection and MIS-C.
- Review current therapies for MIS-C, particularly as they relate to cardiac involvement.
- Discuss follow up considerations and long-term concerns that may result from MIS-C.
- Review current COVID-19 transmission dynamics in MS.
- Review tenets of COVID-19 testing.
- Review presentation of COVID-19 in children.
- Review preventive measures for school return during COVID-19.
- David Weiland, MD, Assistant Professor, Pediatric Cardiology, UMMC
- Charlotte Hobbs, MD, Professor, Pediatric Infectious Disease, Microbiology, UMMC
The planners and speakers for this eLearning have no relevant financial relationships to disclose. There is no cost to participate in this eLearning activity.
AMA: The University of Mississippi School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Mississippi School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.