Mississippi Pediatric Pandemic Education Network ECHO
Available September 3, 2020 - December 31, 2020
Visit the CE Central event page to enroll in the eLearning course “Mississippi Pediatric Pandemic Education Network ECHO". - External Site
Login to your CE Central account is required to enroll and access online materials. Learn how to create an account in CE Central. - PDF
At the conclusion of this activity, the learner should better be able to:
- Facilitate early recognition, early diagnosis and prompt treatment of COVID-19 in children.
- Review with the manifestations of COVID-19 in children which will require close monitoring and quick escalation of medical treatment.
- Recognize when to initiate transfer of the sick child with COVID-19 infection or sequalae of infection to a tertiary care center.
- Review current COVID-19 transmission dynamics in MS.
- Review tenets of COVID-19 testing (in context of sports and school returns).
- Review presentation of COVID-19 in children.
- Padma Garg, MD, Assistant Professor, Pediatric Critical Care, UMMC
- Charlotte Hobbs, MD, Professor, Pediatric Infectious Disease, Microbiology, UMMC
The planners and speakers for this eLearning have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
There is no cost to participate in this eLearning activity.
AMA- The University of Mississippi School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
As an organization accredited for continuing medical education, the University of Mississippi School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit (s). Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.