Child Neurology Residency Application Information
The following is information regarding applications for the child neurology residency program.
- Foreign trained applicants: Foreign trained applicants must hold or convert to a J1 visa.
- Application submission: Applications and supporting documents should be submitted through ERAS
- Match: We participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Applicant's register with the NRMP. We accept two (2) residents per academic year.
- Personal statement
- Letters of recommendation (LOR): Three LORs are required; a maximum of four will be accepted. Each referee must complete the ERAS pediatric neurology resident evaluation form. LORs are to be submitted via the ERAs Letter Recommendation Portal.
- Medical school transcript
- Medical school dean's letter
- Copies of USMLE or COMPLEX scores
- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of immigration visa (if applicable)
Application timeline and important dates
- Early July: Applications open in ERAS
- September: UMMC deadline for application completion
- October-January: UMMC interview period
- Important NRMP match dates
- Jan. 15: Rankings open
- Feb. 20: Rank order list certification deadline
- March 11: Match Week begins
- March 15: Match Day