The University of Mississippi clinical pathology laboratory system is composed of a core laboratory in University Hospital, a limited services laboratory at Children's of Mississippi Hospital, and outpatient laboratories at Grants Ferry, Flowood and Lakeland Family Medicine. A division of the Department of Pathology, it encompasses sections within the core laboratory, including chemistry, special chemistry, coagulation, flow cytometry, cytogenetics, hematology, microbiology, serology, molecular diagnostics, toxicology and transfusion medicine.
The laboratory system provides all the technological and scientific resources available to the profession of laboratory medicine combined with skilled, caring employees. The laboratory system meets all local, state and federal requirements, and it is licensed under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act of 1988, as amended, and accredited by the College of American Pathologists and the Joint Commission.
- William Daley, MD, Interim, Director of Clinical Pathology
- Kathy Shields, MHS, BSMT (ASCP) - Administrative Director of Laboratories
- Sarika Jain, MD - Flow cytometry, molecular diagnostics, cytogenetics and IHC
- Patrick Kyle, PhD - Chemistry, special chemistry and toxicology
- John Lam, MD - Hematology and POCT
- Sara Johnston, MD - Transfusion Medicine
- Youssef Al Hmada, MD - Family Medicine (Lakeland and Flowood)
- Sara Johnston, MD - Jackson Medical Mall
- Patrick Kyle, PhD - Riverchase Laboratory