Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation at UMMC continually strives to keep patients and staff protected from COVID-19. We are proud to now offer appointments using Teleheath. This will allow you to visit with our providers from the safety of your home and still get the care you’ve come to expect from us. All telehealth visits are made through your computer, tablet, or smartphone. Call us at 601-984-6525 to request an appointment!
Once your appointment is confirmed, please use the guides below to assist you with logging into your appointment.
CONNECTING WITH YOUR PROVIDER
UMMC Orthopaedic Telehealth now offers telehealth appointments using the Zoom and Doximity platforms.
- We recommend downloading the Zoom web conferencing application to your smartphone or tablet. This is a free application and can be downloaded in your device's app store or by visiting: https://zoom.us/download. If you are planning to us your computer with a webcam, you will not need to download the Zoom application to your computer. Your provider will send you an e-mail link to connect at the time of your appointment. Please see our Telehealth Documents section below to access our Zoom Tip Sheet.
- Alternatively, your provider may choose to use the Doximity platform. Your provider will send you a text message to connect with you at the time of your appointment. Please click the link in the text message to begin the appointment. When you using Doximity, there is not app to download. If prompted, you will need to allow access to your camera and internet audio/microphone. please ue our Telehealth Documents below to access a Doximity Tip Sheet.
- In the event that we are unable to see or hear you through either of these platforms, we will call you to discuss alternative connection options for your telehealth appointment.
TIPS FOR YOUR TELEHEALTH APPOINTMENT
On the day of your appointment, please make every effort to do the following:
- Please review our Consent for Treatment form. This can be found in the Telehealth Documents section below.
- Position yourself in an area with a good and secure WiFi connection.
- Wear clothing that allows your area of injury to be exposed. We recommend loose clothing.
- Practice setting up your phone, tablet, or webcam, so your provider can see your entire body for the physical exam. We suggest leaning your phone against a wall or large book, or have someone hold your camera for your during the appointment.
Consent for Treatment
Zoom Tip Sheet
Doximity Tip Sheet
Please direct all clinical and scheduling questions to 601-984-6525 or through your MyChart Account.
To sign up for a free MyChart account where you can communicate with your doctor/nurse, access your test results, and request prescription refills, please visit: MyChart Sign Up