M2 Course Objectives
Upon completion of IMP II, the students will be able to:
- Obtain an accurate medical history that covers all essential parts of the history, including issues related to age, gender, ethnic and socioeconomic status.
- Perform both complete and focused system-specific physical examination(s) and identify abnormal physical exam findings and their importance.
- Communicate in an effective way with patients, families and other healthcare providers through written, electronic, and verbal means.
- Generate a reasonable differential diagnosis for a patient’s symptomatology based on all pertinent history, physical examination, and other data.
- Define and exhibit the professional behavior and responsibilities expected of physicians, including the importance of therapeutic patient relationships, confidentiality, and medical ethics.
- Demonstrate an understanding of social deterrents to medical care and the importance of population health in disease prevention and treatment.
- Utilize lifelong self-directed learning to stay abreast of relevant scientific advances.