Overview and How to Apply
Our Digestive Diseases Fellowship Program offers a broad range of educational opportunities as the only GI fellowship in the state of Mississippi. We offer quaternary care services in the areas of advanced endoscopy, transplant hepatology, inflammatory bowel disease, and gastrointestinal motility. These areas of specialty have a strong basis in practice of general GI, hepatology, and standard endoscopy services. We also have an affiliation with the G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center, providing the fellows exposure to additional inpatient and outpatient experiences with veterans. Due to the volume and variety of patients encountered in our hospitals, our fellows gain expertise in clinical management and endoscopy skills as they learn core elements necessary for successful independent or academic practice in gastroenterology.
- Excellent exposure to all types of GI pathology as the only quaternary care hospital in the state
- Robust procedure volume and endoscopy training in all types of GI procedures
- High-volume liver transplant center
- The University of Mississippi Medical Center highly values diversity and inclusion amongst staff and faculty and it is well-represented amongst our patient population
- Dedicated teaching faculty who desire to train the next generation of Gastroenterologists
- Clinically talented faculty in multiple sub-specialties of GI
- Strong ties with the Department of Medicine and other fellowship programs, leading to inter-disciplinary collaboration
- Close-knit community amongst our fellows
- Excellent balance of fellow autonomy and faculty supervision
- Established academic faculty with ties to national and internationally-recognized gastroenterologists. We have regular conferences including visiting professors who are both renowned clinicians and researchers.
How to apply
Only electronic applications via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) are accepted.
For more information
- Division of Digestive Diseases
University of Mississippi Medical Center
2500 N. State St.
Jackson, MS 39216-4505
Fax: (601) 984-4548