Support the Department of Medicine
Your philanthropic support helps to make the Department of Medicine a national leader in patient care, education and research.
The Department of Medicine is the largest clinical department at the University of Mississippi Medical Center. It is made up of nearly 185 faculty members who are dedicated to providing excellence in patient care, education and research. The Department of Medicine is home to the only internal medicine residency training program in the state as well as several subspecialty fellowship training programs. Each year the department provides medical education in one of its 14 training programs for more than 150 residents and fellow physicians, and over 500 students. The Department of Medicine’s goal is not only to produce high-quality health care providers, but also to encourage them to stay and practice in Mississippi.
Listed below are endowments and other giving opportunities in the Department of Medicine.
Endowments are funds which provide ongoing support by collecting interest and keeping the principle intact. Typically only a percentage of the interest is used each year. This allows the fund to continue in perpetuity. Endowments can be named for family members or loved ones. If you have any questions or would like to discuss your interest in making a donation, contact us at (601) 984-5600. Online donation options for Ben B. Johnson Research and Education Fund and Thomas Barksdale Memorial Lectureship are listed at the bottom of the page. Other online options are presented within the individual divisions affected by your gift.
- Ben B. Johnson Research and Education Fund
- C. B. "Buddie" Newman Chair of Hematology
- Conrad C. Horecky, MD, Memorial Oncology Endowment
- Guy T. Gillespie Jr. Endowment in Medicine (Hem/Onc)
- Herbert G. Langford Professorship of Hypertension
- John D. Bower, MD, Chair of Nephrology
- Patrick H. Lehan, MD, Chair of Cardiovascular Medicine
- R. Faser Triplett, MD, Chair of Allergy and Immunology
- Robert D. and Alma W. Moreton Oncology Lectureship
- Stuart C. Irby Student Research in Hematology Trust
- Thomas Barksdale Memorial Lectureship
- Thomas M. "Peter" Blake Endowment
- William C. Little, MD, Memorial Cardiology Endowment
- William C. Pinkston Critical Care Lectureship