Radiologic Sciences Technical Standards
Technical standards are the physical requirements necessary to successfully complete the program and enter the field of radiography. Applicants are not screened according to this criterion before or during the selection process. If selected, applicants will undergo a physical exam to be evaluated against the criteria. Full acceptance is contingent upon demonstrating that the accepted candidate can meet these requirements or provide reasonable accommodations.
- Standing is required 95-100% of the time while assigned to the clinical setting. The duties cannot be performed without the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Walking is required 90-100% of the time while assigned to the clinical setting.
- Pushing and pulling at least 200 lbs. is required to maneuver patients to and from tables/stretchers and to maneuver portable radiographic units. Other equipment may require pushing/pulling at times.
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 25 lbs. waist high and occasionally lift up to 75 lbs. at least waist high.
- Must be able to squat and rise without assistance.
- Must be able to extend the hands and arms in any direction.
- Must be able to hold, grasp, and turn with the hands.
- Must be able to reach up to 6 feet off the floor.
- Correctable near vision to 20/40 in both eyes.
- Correctable far vision to 20/40 in both eyes.
- Correctable hearing to pass a whisper test at 10 feet.
- Express and exchange information in English through written and verbal communication.
UMMC is committed to ensuring equal access to a quality education for qualified students through the provision of reasonable academic accommodations which support UMMC standards and academic integrity. UMMC policy provides for reasonable academic accommodations to be made for students with verified disabilities on an individualized and flexible basis as specified under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA).
UMMC provides reasonable academic accommodations to students on campus who request accommodations and who meet eligibility criteria. For more information or to request academic accommodations, individuals should go to the Office for Student Success webpage and complete the Request Academic Accommodations online form.
- Office for Student Success
University of Mississippi Medical Center
Verner Holmes Learning Resource Center, U155-A
Fax: (601) 815-5828