Master Degree Program
Mission Statement and Learning Goals
The mission of the Master of Science in Nuclear Medicine Technology (MSNMT) program in the School of Health Related Professions at the University of Mississippi Medical Center is to provide a didactic and clinical educational experience that equips graduates to be competent practitioners and innovative leaders within the nuclear medicine profession.
View our brochure
Program student learning outcomes
The MSNMT program has established specific program student learning outcomes to be achieved by graduates of our program. The MSNMT graduate will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of theories, principles, responsibilities, and skills necessary for the practice of nuclear medicine.
- Demonstrate clinical performance expertise in diverse nuclear medicine health care settings.
- Integrate appropriate radiation safety measures in the professional environment.
- Analyze the impact of leadership, education, and management strategies in health care professions.
- Apply the necessary skills to produce a scholarly paper of research findings in a format for publication and oral presentation.
- Collaborate as a member of an interprofessional team in a manner that respects diversity and promotes ethical integrity in professional practice and community service.