Student Services

Main Content

UMMC Student Complaints

Students have the right to complain without fear of retribution or retaliation from the University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC) or its employees. For more information, see the UMMC Student Complaint Policy.

Students are encouraged to directly contact the specific school or individual office on campus to address their concerns or complaints. Students may also submit formal written complaints to the Office of Academic Support within the Office of the Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs using the UMMC Student Complaint Form.

UMMC Student Complaint Form

Students may submit formal complaints using the form below. Please identify the problem in sufficient detail to permit a thorough response or referral to the appropriate office or administrator. Although complaints may be submitted anonymously, a resolution may not be possible if the complainant is not identified and anonymous submissions will not receive responses. Students who provide their names and contact information will receive timely responses.

* = Required Fields

Your name:
Your email address:
Your school:
Complaints, Comments, Suggestions or Requests* 

Concerns or complaints will be resolved according to published school and institutional policies, entering at the appropriate level and proceeding in the order stated. All decisions by the school’s dean or executive faculty concerning academic matters are final. Procedural appeals for academic complaints may be submitted to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs in accordance with the Student Procedural Appeal for Academic Decisions policy.

The UMMC Title IX Sexual Harassment and Non-Discrimination Policy addresses all reported sexual misconduct and harassment and reports related to Title IX should be submitted to the Title IX Coordinator. For more information about Title IX at UMMC, see the Title IX and Sexual Misconduct page.

Additional UMMC policies relevant to concerns or complaints may be utilized in the complaint process.

Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation (MCCA)

If a student has concerns related to academic or administrative actions at UMMC and has exhausted all administrative remedies without the complaint being resolved internally, the student may file a formal complaint within two years of the incident with the Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation (MCCA) using the MCCA Student Complaint Form.

This process does not apply to complaints related to student grades or discipline/conduct matters. Current students in distance education programs operating under the auspices of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) may also choose to submit concerns utilizing the MCCA Student Complaint Process. Online students who are residents of states outside of Mississippi may also direct consumer inquiries to their respective consumer protection agencies.

Southern Association of College and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)

If a concern cannot be resolved internally, a student may choose to submit Third-Party Comments to the Southern Association of College and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), UMMC's regional accrediting agency, by completing and submitting the SACSCOC Complaint Form.

For More Information

Individuals with questions about submitting student complaints at UMMC should contact the Office of Academic Support.