1098-T Tax Forms
- Form 1098-T is a tax document provided to aid taxpayers in determining whether they are eligible to claim a tax deduction or one of the education tax credits.
- The IRS requires the UMMC to issue Form 1098-T to each student by January 31st.
- The form indicates the payments received by UMMC in the current calendar year that pay for qualified tuition and related expenses. Qualified tuition and related expenses are tuition and fees required for enrollment or attendance. Qualified tuition and related expenses do not include Student Health Insurance.
- The form reports the amount of scholarships or grants that you have received during the current calendar year.
- The IRS does not require Universities to furnish a 1098-T to international students; to individuals enrolled only in noncredit courses; or to those individuals whose calculations net to zero.
- Current Students: You can receive a copy of your current 1098-T form by logging into Workday, clicking on the Finance Icon & selecting “print 1098-T.” Please refer to the Workday Job Aids sent to your email for more information.
- Prior Students will receive their 1098-T at their permanent home address on file.
- While UMMC is not required to send International Students the form, one may be requested by sending an email to Acctemail@example.com.
The University of Mississippi Medical Center does not provide tax or legal advice. The decision as to whether you qualify for an education tax credit should be determined in consultation with your personal tax advisor or the Internal Revenue Service.
Please contact the Office of Student Accounting at (601) 984-1060 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.