Office of Institutional Research
Institutional Research serves as the coordinating unit for data gathering for external and internal reporting, which includes:
- Compiling and filing reports required by the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning (IHL), the U.S. Department of Education and other governmental and private agencies and individuals.
- Verification and approval of all statistics pertaining to the university that are released to any external agency.
- Generating and compiling education-related data used for university planning, decision-making and accreditations.
Data for both external and internal reporting are drawn from existing university databases. When data are not available, surveys and other means of data collection may be used.
Institutional Research supports planning, accreditation, scholarship and other university needs by:
- Providing data to answer questions about UMMC
- Coordinating data sent outside UMMC
- Assisting with surveys
- Performing analysis
Institutional Research participates in professional organizations and external committees, including the following:
- Association for Institutional Research (AIR)
- Southern Association for Institutional Research (SAIR)
- Mississippi Association for Institutional Research (MAIR)
- IHL Council of Institutional Research Officers (CIRO)
Institutional Research is also represented on UMMC committees, including the following:
- Academic Affairs Council
- Academic Compliance Steering Committee
- External Request Review Committee (ERRC)
- Information and Knowledge Management Committee
- Potential Academic Change (PAC) Committee
- Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) Advisory Committee
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) Leadership Committee
- Workday Education User Group
- Workday Steering Committee
If you have any questions, contact Institutional Research.