UMMC GWIMS Trainee Recognition Award
The Trainee Recognition Award's purpose is to acknowledge female UMMC trainees (student, resident, fellow, and early-career faculty) who have achieved significant academic accomplishments. This award is an elite UMMC GWIMS member status reserved to honor all distinguished trainees who have demonstrated excellence in medicine and science, made significant contributions to their respective disciplines, and served the institution and/or community.
The candidate must exhibit evidence of:
- Membership in UMMC GWIMS
- Engagement with the UMMC GWIMS by serving on the GWIMS Executive Board, volunteering on GWIMS
- Committees, and/or participating at GWIMS-sponsored activities
- Extraordinary accomplishment(s) in at least one of the institutional missions of education, research, and patient care
- Success as a role model for peers
- Exemplary professionalism
- An effort to influence or institute a positive cultural change
- UMMC female trainee in any school in basic science or clinical positions up to the rank of assistant professor or equivalent
- Candidate must be in good standing with the UMMC organization
To self-nominate, please return the following required information by the application deadline:
- Nominee's current curriculum vitae
- A letter describing the achievement of all items in the qualification criteria is required
Submit all award materials to: email@example.com.