Student Affairs

Main Content

Student Comments and Complaints

Current students at the University of Mississippi Medical Center may seek resolution to academic or misconduct complaints through the school's published administrative channels, entering at the appropriate level and proceeding in the documented order. Students may seek resolution of non-academic or non-misconduct complaints through the appropriate office on campus designated to address the particular concern.

Issues involving such matters as sexual harassment, discrimination, disability, employment or mistreatment fall under the institutional policies that are handled by specific offices, such as the Office of Human Resources, Title IX coordinator or the Equal Employment Opportunity Office. In the event that a student believes a non-academic or non-misconduct complaint has not been resolved satisfactorily, he/she may file a written grievance with the chief student affairs officer.

Current students at UMMC may file a written grievance with the chief student affairs officer through the Office of Student Affairs. Students may also submit concerns, leave complaints, make comments, offer suggestions, or request assistance through the Office of Student Affairs. UMMC and its dedicated professionals are engaged in fostering an environment that promotes academic success and student development. Students are encouraged to provide candid feedback.

Students may choose to contact the Office of Student Affairs in writing (University of Mississippi Medical Center, 2500 N. State St., Jackson, MS 39216-4505; phone (601) 984-5012; fax (601) 815-4061) or may choose to use the form provided below. Form submissions will be sent to an email account that is checked daily. If a return email address is provided, the Office of Student Affairs will respond within two business days. If the name and email address fields are blank, the submission will be anonymous, and the Office of Student Affairs will not respond. However, all submissions will be reviewed and addressed.

Complaints, Comments, Suggestions or Requests

* = Required Fields

Your name:
Your email address:
Your school:
Complaints, Comments, Suggestions or Requests* 

For more information about the University of Mississippi Medical Center's Student Complaints policy, follow this link to the Student Complaint Policy.

If a concern related to academic or administrative actions at the University of Mississippi Medical Center cannot be resolved internally, a student may choose to submit his/her concerns to the Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation by clicking on this link to the MCCA Student Complaint Process and following the instructions provided. Note that current students in distance education programs operating under the auspices of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) may also choose to submit concerns utilizing the MCCA Student Complaint Process. Online students who are residents of states outside of Mississippi may direct consumer inquiries to the consumer protection agencies. For contact information, follow this link and click on "consumer protection agencies".

Also, if a concern cannot be resolved internally, students may choose to submit their concerns to the Southern Association of College and Schools Commission on Colleges, the University of Mississippi Medical Center's regional accrediting agency, by completing their Third-Party Comment Form.