The Office of Student Affairs coordinates community engagement and service learning initiatives at the institution level.
Developing healthier communities and committed health care professionals through leadership in service and community engagement.
Advancing professional commitment to health equity for Mississippi and its residents, through community engagement and service learning.
Core values: CARES
- Provide oversight for, promote, and document community engagement and service learning activities for the institution to ensure alignment with the institutional mission and policies.
- Manage the GivePulse platform for schools, institutional units, faculty and student groups and individuals to document community engagement efforts and service learning activities.
- Serve as a resource for faculty for the development of service learning within the curriculum and for the development of community relationships that further service learning.
- Collaborate with schools, departments, and other groups across campus to provide data valued for annual reporting.
- Coordinate intra- and inter-institution community engagement activities to maximize resources and benefits while avoiding the duplication of activities.
- Serve as a resource for schools, departments and other groups interested in promoting community engagement activities.