Ceremony honors UMMC retirees
Dr. James Keeton, vice chancellor for health affairs, Dr. LouAnn Woodward, associate vice chancellor for health affairs, and other UMMC faculty and staff thanked this year's 57 retirees for their service and dedication to the Medical Center during a June 21 ceremony at the Norman C. Nelson Student Union.
Retirees attending the ceremony included, front row from left, Mildred Sanders, Marla Martin, Mary Manasco, Susan Alexander, Deloris Jones, Doris Hubbard, Jeanette Bennett, Iola Bilbrew and Yvonne Britton; middle row from left, Judy Mullins, Lillie Stanton, Odester Taylor, Sharon Washington, Jimmie Wells, Thelma Mallard, Brenda Davis, Maxie Grisby and Nella Hall; and back row from left, Dr. Craig Lobb, Dr. Donald Sittman, Jessie Tucker, Thomas Wiggers, Angela Jones, Dr. Glen Graves, Dr. Rathi Iyer, Dr. Owen "Bev" Evans and Ann Gordon. (Enlarge Image)
An officer and a Ph.D. candidate
Charles E. Holland III of Pontotoc, a Ph.D. candidate in physical therapy, was sworn in as a first lieutenant in the Mississippi Army National Guard during a June 20 ceremony at the Guard's Joint Force Headquarters in Jackson. Holland's wife, Paige, and children Zoe and Noah attended the ceremony.
Holland has been assigned to Company C, 106th Brigade Support Battalion (medical), based in Crystal Springs. He will complete his doctorate at the Medical Center while serving in the Guard.
(Photo courtesy of Public Affairs, Joint Force Headquarters, Mississippi Army National Guard in Jackson).
UMMC staff receive service recognition
The Medical Center is proud to acknowledge those employees who will celebrate service anniversaries this week:
* Dr. Andrew Grady, director of animal lab facilities
* Christian Woods, nurse care coordinator, University Physicians Pavilion-Neurology Suite A
* Adrian Davis, nurse, University Hospital Emergency Department
* Meredith Duncan, occupational therapist, Adult Rehabilitation Physical Therapy
* Peggy Hutchinson, patient access specialist, Internal Access-Executive Leadership
* Jeffery Murphy, hospital chaplain, Pastoral Services
* Youguo Xu, scientist, Otolaryngology and Communicative Sciences
* Elizabeth Bell, administrative assistant, Family Medicine-Minority Health
* Mary Davis, physical therapist, Batson Children's Hospital
* Rose Dawson, unit secretary, Newborn ICU
* Christopher Kelker, patient care technician, 2 South
* Greta Lindsey, surgical tech, University Hospital Surgical Suite
* Ylanda Loving, Epic application coordinator/analyst, Information Systems
* Cherise McIntosh, clinical pharmacy specialist, Jackson Medical Mall Pharmacy Care Clinic
* Natalie Montgomery, pharmacist, Pharmacy
* Erin Perkins, administrative assistant, School of Medicine
* Mary Porter, billing specialist, Central Billing Office
* Stephanie Tanner, inpatient nurse, Newborn ICU
Brennan to give transplant presentation
Dr. Dan Brennan, medical director of kidney transplant at Washington University, St. Louis, Mo., will give the University Transplant educational presentation, "Rational Acceptance of Today's Kidneys: Are Your SRTR Outcomes Really at Risk?" from 3-4 p.m. on Thursday, June 27, in room 6A on the sixth floor of the Research Wing.
For more information, call Patricia Freeman at 5-1304 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Road to Life drive travels to Grants Ferry
Mississippi Blood Services personnel will be at the Grant's Ferry Clinic location from 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Friday, June 28, as part of the Medical Center's first of four quarterly blood drives.
All donors will receive an MBS "Road to Life" T-shirt. Identification is required to donate blood.
For more information about the drive at Grant's Ferry, call Rod Simmons at 5-0600.
Baillargeon to give dental practice seminar
Sandie Baillargeon, creator of the first certificate course in dental practice management at the University of Toronto, Faculty and Dentistry, will present the seminar, "Dental Practice Management: Leap Off the Business Plateau and Soar to New Heights," from 7:45 a.m.-4:15 p.m. on Friday, July 26, in the Norman C. Nelson Student Union.
Dental hygienists and dental team members are invited. To register, visit http://www.cvent.com/d/zcq610/4W.
For more information, call Joan Bounds at 4-1300.